A procedure designed to analyse the effectiveness of HRIS tools.
To avoid under- or over-evaluating a software’s scope, control costs and to be fair in performance evaluation, the HR audit is the essential tool when redesigning your HR & HRIS processes and tools, and contributes to making your human capital a focal point of your strategy.
HR Audits, major issues
HR audits of operational efficiency will be evaluated on 3 main points:
- An HR department responding to strategic issues
- An HR department that controls and secures its processes
- A properly sized and staffed HR department
…by addressing the following issues:
- What are the main challenges of the HR function?
- How to respond to increasing complexity and an evolving environment in terms of legal matters, internal organisation, new techniques (HRIS in particular) and the globalised context?
- Is the HR department’s role overstated in comparison to the services it provides?
- Are we overpaying for outsourced HR activities? What could be gained by outsourcing HR or internalising certain tasks?
- Is the distribution of HR activities adjusted to the needs of internal and external “clients”?
- What are the necessary skills? How do we manage the human factor?
- What are the necessary actions we need to take in order to improve the efficiency of HR departments?
- What are the primary HR transformations needed for the improvement of the organisation’s efficiency?
HR Audit, our tailor-made approach
To optimize the efficiency of your HR department, our approach is built on three main areas:
- HR organisation and processes, by improving internal operating procedures, reallocating activities between managers, centralising, decentralising or relocating certain activities.
- HR department costs, by measuring internal ratios to identify areas for improvement, quantifying potential gains or shortfalls to identify action points.
- Payroll, by identifying indicators for monitoring and controlling the payroll, quantifying the cost of not overseeing the payroll adequately, and implementing actions to secure the payroll.